BGC Food Tour: Polu Kai Grill

A Hawaiian-themed restaurant located at the heart of Serendra was our next stop for the Bonifacio Global City Food Tour, which was lead by Mr. Ivan Man Dy of www.oldmanilawalks.com.

Mr. Ivan Man Dy

Thank God for the sunny weather because this next stop was really great for a sunshine-y lunch!

Polu Kai Grill at Serendra

Polu Kai, which means Blue Ocean, is inspired by the tropical island beach living that has made a mark for the best Pacific Rim cuisine. The generous slabs of ribs and the sweet freshness of seafood are best enjoyed in the laid back luau interiors of the restaurant.

Polu Kai focuses on sharing a wholesome, laid back experience to their guests since they opened up doors four years ago. They are the ONLY local “island-themed” restaurant in the metropolis that has a unique international feel with roots grounded in local hospitality and service.

Before I start giving my verdict on the dishes that they prepared for us, I would like to give two thumbs up for the theme, the interior and exterior of this restaurant. I really felt that I was in some island paradise when I entered the place. Everything matches to the whole atmosphere.


And so, without further ado, here are the dishes that we had for the second part of this BGC Food Tour.

On our visit to this very cool place, they offered us three dishes and one very refreshing drinks that made our day so invigorating.

They offered us a fresh pineapple shake that cooled us down. Love it!

Then on the buffet table where everyone gathered and picked their shares were:

Spam Musubi

Spam Musubi – a spam sushi with Teriyaki glaze. It is said that this is Hawaii’s favourite snack.
I tasted something like this before so I’m quite familiar with the taste of spam sushi. One thing, I think, that put this dish on a higher rank was the Teriyaki sauce which I found really sweet – a good compliment to the salty taste of spam.

Surf and Turf

Surf and Turf – grilled prawn and sausage skewers.
The taste of the prawn was good, but I think it was kinda overcooked or maybe was exposed to air for quite a long time. It gave me a hard time pulling it it off from the skewer. While on the other end, the sausage was good and it would be great if there are two or three slices of it.

Fish & Fish

Fish & Fish – a juicy, golden fried cream dory with tartar sauce.
Now, this one is the best dish, for me, that day. The perfectly cooked dory inside the semi-spicy breading and the sweet and sour taste of the tartar sauce made this one a dish made from paradise.


According to Mr. Ivan Man Dy, Polu Kai Grill offers the cheapest beer in BGC, so if you are beer drinker and wanna have a beach feel surrounding, this is the best place to be!  And not only that, they are also giving a 50% off on all Hawaiian inspired cocktails. Isn’t that great?


I love Hawaiian cocktails! They give me a relaxing feel that splashes away the hot weather, the stress and tension of a busy workday.

It was my first visit at Polu Kai, and though I’m not that happy with the first two dishes that I had during this BGC Food Tour, I’d still be glad to return to this place and try their other “island-themed” dishes – like the slabs of ribs.


Till next time, Polu Kai! Thank you!

So til my next BGC Food Tour blog!
Happy eating, guys!


Polu Kai Grill
Serendra, Bonifacio Global City
Open from 11:00am to 11:00pm
856-0355 and 901-1841
polukaigrill@yahoo.com


No comments